Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Insubordinate Mixtape


Breaking the rules, Merman Style.

Don't even start with me this week. Chances are:
1) I won't have a single entertaining thing to say, and
2) I'll erroneously assume you knew about the past 3 days I've had and I'll go Battle Royal on your ass.
Have you ever had a week where you start off mischievously rebellious...and end up with a list of slipshod accomplishments and a docket that looks not unlike Mulberry's Mishap Manifesto? Not familiar with it? Oh, here!

In hindsight, maybe wearing kneepads ONCE during a volleyball season would have helped.
At least, that's what I thought when the blood was streaming down my shins.
Tuesday: It's not Sunday!
(and it's safe to consider that maybe, you should have gone into work 2 hours ago)
Apartment keys are FOR WANKERS.
Especially those who have gross negligence to the fact that you can't unlock a door in Astoria FROM NEW JERSEY.
The myth of the 8 hour work day:
Let us please make it 10! And not. complete. a. single. thing.
Dear client, please sign over 14 million on my faulty contract, cheers!
Your welcome, Madoff.
Hygiene says wha?
In light of my Tuesday/Sunday mix up, I successfully evaded 3 days worth of dreadfully cleansing showers.

Anyway, in the spirit of completely and ever so eloquently fucking up my own universe this week, I've decided to make a mixtape that also ignores most benchmarks for any sort of merit or logic. Well, except the music won't actually suck.
But Hayley! It's so good! What ever could be wrong with it?
  1. Using the most generic compilation artwork, ever.
  2. Mixing opposing genres indie, pop, hip hop, nerdcore. That's cool, right? Oh shut-up. It's not even graceful.
  3. 2 of the same artists back to back.
  4. The last song is actually just tacked on my mistake, and I don't even like it that much.
  5. ZERO transition. And too many songs.
  6. Repeat offenders/ obviously stolen songs from friends' playlists.
  7. Revealing that little/no effort went into song choice/order/blog as a whole this week!
....and can I JUST say, if I hear the phrase "Audio Confectionary Treat" ONE more time this week. WHO SAYS THAT?
Love,
Miffed' Merman.

No comments: