Friday, October 22, 2010

Make up Homework

Here are some of the songs I'm digging on at the moment... When I'm sprinting from work to the subway to volleyball games and then back to work. Maybe next week I will be able to form a sentence!



First two are from actress/singer/Rilo Kiley's Jenny Lewis most recent venture with boy toy Jonathon Rice, Jenny & Johnny. I think these songs show 2 sides to the golden coin that is this album.

New York Cartoon - The traditional side. The lyrics remind me of something I will sing when I'm young, something I will sing when I'm old, and something my children will sing with the same kind of nostalgia.

Slavedriver - There are those quirks I do love so much about JL. I think it's different than most songs on the album, a hook track if you will.

PS. I love you - New band to me, thanks
Evan Minsker. Their playign at CMJ this week in NYC.. I'd love to see them, but, you know, I'm having trouble finding time to eat during the day.

Warpaint - A lady quartet with the most CLAMJAMMING Ashes to Ashes David Bowie Cover.

GOLDIES (Oldy but goody sandwich) and LCD Soundsystem.

The Long Winters -The commander thinks aloud, always gets stuck in my head in the fall.
LCD Soundsystem - Someone great. Watch the unofficial video, you'll understand.

Cheers,

Merman


No comments: